Wednesday 25 November 2015

My Favourite Things: Part I


It might sound cheesy, but lately I've been admiring the beauty in the everyday. I find that everywhere you look, you can find something beautiful, and the world we live in is full of so much beauty that it's almost too much to handle! I've been working on a list of my favourite things, mostly related to the beauty of the world we live in, so wherever you are in the world, whatever kind of life you lead, you can appreciate these things as well.

  1. The way that trees are reflected in water (puddles of rain, lakes). Related: the lights of a city reflected in water at night.
  2. Sunlight shining down through a tree, and how it moves as the breeze rustles the leaves.
  3. The moon. This is a big one that is complex for me, and maybe one day I'll dedicate a post to my love for the moon. I like the idea that although our world has changed so much over the course of history, the moon has remained the same, shining bright up there every night. Just think- Shakespeare saw the same moon that you do, so did Cleopatra, and your great-great-great-great-great grandparents. A nice thought, if you ask me.
  4. Taking a walk through a forest, surrounded by the whisper of trees in the wind. Related: the beautiful 'hush-hush' sound that trees make when it's windy. It sounds like they're talking to each other!
  5. Visiting the beach on a stormy day, when it's so dark that you can't tell the sky and the sea apart.
  6. Not so much nature-related, but one that enhances everything the world has on offer: listening to a beautiful piece of orchestral music while doing something mundane, or going for a walk around your neighborhood. I find that this helps me appreciate the little things. Perhaps one day soon I'll dedicate a post to my favourite classical pieces and film scores.
I hope wherever you are in the world, and whatever you are doing, you are aware of the beauty that surrounds us every day. When things are bad, remember that this world was created for you and it's beautiful, so get out there and enjoy it!

x B
(photos are from my Instagram: @rebeccasather)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The North Wind. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig