Saturday 24 October 2015

Favourites: October 2015

This month I've been very busy, with lots of study, midterms, and fun social things too! As such, the things that I've been loving most this month reflect how I've been living lately. Simple things that make my life a little easier, happier and less stressful.

First of all, I've been loving this Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil, which I bought at Sephora. I bought the smaller size, because my skin is quite sensitive and I didn't want to commit to spending $50 on the larger size when I don't know that my skin likes it! I'd been looking for a more natural product to help even out my skintone and reduce hyperpigmentation, and I think this could be the one! It's light, absorbs quickly, and smells great. It's packed full of good things (including Omega fatty acids) that smooth and moisturize your skin. I feel so luxurious when I use it, too!


























Next up is this Topshop Glow Highlighter in 'Polish'. I really wanted to buy the RMS Living Luminizer but couldn't justify spending $40 on something I'd never tried before, so I went with the cheaper version first, and I really like it! It's the perfect colour for my skin, and I just dab a little above my cheekbones and I instantly look more awake and lively.

My next favourite thing is tea! It's finally getting cooler in Washington and so when I was at Target last week I picked up this Vanilla Comoro Tea from Harney & Sons. If I'm being honest, it was the packaging that drew me in, but when I opened the tin, it smelled SO good! And it's decaffeinated, so I can have a cup before bed and not lie awake for hours. Next time I'm at Target I'll be checking out this brand again, because I love this one so much!

And I can't have new tea without a new mug to drink it from! I ordered this adorable 'Felix the Fox' mug from Urban Outfitters (still available right now) and it arrived this week. I'm already in love! It's just the right size, and I love the little fox and Scandinavian style. It will be perfect this winter as I drink about 10 cups of tea each day!
I'm also loving this dainty little clover bracelet from Dogeared. I ordered it early this month and have been wearing it nearly every day. It's perfectly simple and makes me feel so lucky! It honestly matches everything, so I wear it all the time.

Two skincare saviours! This tea tree mask from the Body Shop has always been a love of mine (and the whole tea tree range, really) but this month I've used it a few times and my skin has cleared right up! Also, it's bright green so I feel like Elphaba from Wicked when I have it on, and am therefore prone to bursting out in a rendition of Defying Gravity.The Bare Minerals powder is new but I love it! I finally found a powder that matches my super pale skin! The packaging is great (minimal spills!) and I love the coverage: not too much but still enough.
My last favourite is not a thing so much as an activity. While I do adore the journal itself (Leather Sagitta Journal from Anthropologie), I've really been enjoying keeping a journal. I make time a few times a week to jot down my thoughts, what I've been up to, and what I'm looking forward to. Sometimes I include a quote that's been inspiring that day, or something that made me laugh. It's so nice to look back through it and see what I was doing on a certain day and what I was thinking about!

What are your favourite things this month? What have you been up to? Hope all is well!

x B







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The North Wind. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig