Thursday 22 October 2015

Curing Midweek Blues




Lately I've been making more of an effort to enjoy (or at least not detest) weekdays and all that come with them. It is so easy to fall into the mentality of I can't wait until Friday! It's totally okay to look forward to Friday and I really do most weeks, but I also think it's important to appreciate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm trying not to be the kind of person that lives for the weekend. I'm working on making the most of every minute of every day.

That said, my busiest day is Tuesday and sometimes by the time I get to Tuesday evening all I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep until Saturday arrives. I wish. If you're like me and find it a struggle to stay motivated and power through the week, but also find yourself worn out by Friday afternoon, maybe these tips will help. 
  • Plan! I know it sounds boring but honestly, this is what I've found to be the most helpful in getting things done and making sure I have time for myself in the evening. I keep a diary so that I know when important things are coming up. Additionally, each night I write myself a list of tasks to complete the next day. This has been a huge help this school year, and I would recommend it! I cross each task off when I finish it and somehow I can feel myself de-stress a little bit after I do.
  • Put yourself first. It took me a long time to learn that no paper or homework task is as important as my mental and physical health. I'm not an all-nighter kind of girl, and I'm not going to let schoolwork stress me out to the point of physical exhaustion. I had a friend who had a literal breakdown because she worked too hard and didn't spend enough time caring for herself. So, start assignments early, to avoid late nights. And even if you feel like you need a late night, just don't stay up all night. All kinds of regret the next day.
  • Exercise! I am not the best person to be dishing out this advice, but when I do make the time for a walk or a run on a weekday I feel so much better. It clears my head, makes me feel more energized, and gives me a chance to look at all the pretty trees and flowers around the neighborhood! When you get back, you'll be so much more awake and ready to tackle any challenge that comes your way!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The North Wind. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig